Before we start off with this, let’s make one thing clear. Participating in the contest will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions. So you might as well read through them!
We intend Tech Challenge 3.0 to be a fair game and a contest that’s competitive and fun at the same time, for everyone who participates. To make sure that the experience is worthwhile for each of us, you do your bit by reading these terms and conditions and taking them very seriously; we will do our bit by being very stringent with those of you who don’t. That’s a fair deal, right?
- Dates and Contest Details
- Tech Challenge 3.0 sub-contests:
- General Guidelines:
- Registration and Identification
- How to participate?
- What not to do?
- Referral Terms and Conditions
- Here’s what we will need from you when you win:
- Important points to remember
- Famous Last Words
Dates and Contest Details
Key dates to watch out for:
|September 15, 2016||Registrations open|
|September 16, 2016||Level – 1 of Tech Challenge 3.0 goes live|
|September 23, 2016||Level – 2 of Tech Challenge 3.0 goes live|
|September 30, 2016||Level 3 for Oracle DBA, Linux Admin, Network Security & Tech Aptitude goes live|
|October 09, 2016||Entries for Referral closes|
|October 09, 2016||All online contests* closes|
|October 15, 2016||Top 5 finalists for Coding, Pega, Hybris, Adobe CQ5, Salesforce, Blockchain DB, Data Science, Data Integration to be announced & Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3* for all contests will be closed|
|October 21, 2016||Live Hackathon at Capgemini Knowledge Park, Airoli|
|October 22, 2016||Winners for Tech Challenge 3.0 to be announced|
While we have accounted for most logical issues while announcing these dates, there are some unforeseen issues which could push us to change these dates. Under such a situation, we will announce all the changes on the contest website.
Feel free to go all out in showing off those tech skills, and participate in as many contests as you want. But don’t forget that each sub-contest has a separate set of rules to play by. You will find them all in our Contest Details section. It will do you good to read them before playing. Good luck!
Tech Challenge 3.0 Contests:
Here are the different tracks of Tech Challenge 3.0, divided into Coding, Digital, Infrastructure Services, Financial Services, Insights & Data and Tech Aptitude.
- Adobe CQ5
- Infrastructure Services
- Oracle DBA
- Linux Admin
- Network Security
- Financial Services
- Blockchain DB
- Insights & Data
- Data Science
- Data Integration
- Tech Aptitude
Registration and Identification
Some of these points might seem like we are stating the obvious, but let’s accept; there are times when the best of us falter and miss out on the basic details. Let that not happen here. Read these and you will have nothing to worry about.
Who can participate?
The contest is open to Indian citizens residing in India only. Capgemini India employees are allowed to participate too. And don’t worry, rules remain same and apply equally to all participants irrespective of whether or not they are Capgemini India employees. No favourites and no considerations there!
How to participate?
You can login using either your social profiles or your email, by filling in the user registration form.
What not to do?
You can access the contest only through your active social media profiles* and are strictly prohibited from using dummy/fake profiles to access the contest. You can count on us to do a thorough background check of the profiles and disqualify contestants competing through multiple/fake profiles.
*An active social media profile, in this case is defined as one that has been in existence for three months or more, prior to the date of launch of the challenge, has a minimum of 30 Friends/Followers/Connections, and a minimum of 15 Posts/Tweets/Updates/Interactions dated prior to the date of launch of Tech Challenge 3.0.
Referral Terms and Conditions
What fun is a contest if you can’t get your friends along, right? This is your chance to get friends along to play Tech Challenge 3.0 too.
What’s more? You can even win bonus points and improve your scores. Here’s what you need to remember:
- To refer friends, you need to be registered as a participant on Tech Challenge 3.0.
- From the Referral Page, you can refer friends and colleagues to join Tech Challenge 3.0 via your email directly or third party email service providers like Gmail.
- Referring friends will earn you 2 bonus points and if your friend accepts and joins the contest, you get 1000 points more.
- Also, if your friend views your invite, you get 5 more bonus points.
- You cannot send more than 500 invites in a day and maximum 5000 in lifetime
- There will be separate leader board which will provide ranking of the Top Referrers, on a daily basis.
- Referral contest will be open only from Pre-Launch to the first 21 days after the contest is launched.
- Contest organisers reserve the right to decide the prize winners for the referral contest.
- Referral links will be tagged with unique tracking parameters which will be used to validate and decide the genuineness of the referrals.
- If you use fake profiles to increase referral scores, you will be barred from the referral contest at the contest organisers’ discretion.
- If a user gets referral invites from multiple participants, contest organizers reserve the right to allocate the bonus points to the one who referred the user first.
- All communication will be sent to your primary email address submitted at the time of registration.
- By submitting the referral form, it is implied that the Referrer has accepted these Referral Terms and Conditions.
- Test Case to understand this better: If “A” and “B”, both are playing the contest and both refer “C” to join the contest, both gets 2 points. If “C” comes on board and plays the contest, then out of “A” and “B”, the one of who referred “C” first, gets to win 100 bonus points.
Get Hired/ Win a Job/ Getting hired through Tech Challenge
This applies to Top2 finalists from all contests except Tech Aptitude, Network Security, Linux Admin and Oracle DBA.
- Any campus students who are in the Top 2 finalist will not have to face level1 interviews. They will be eligible for a final interview with the panel and can get a chance to win an Internship/Project/Job with Capgemini.
- Interview with panel doesn’t guarantee the internship/project/job.
- The Internship/Project/Job role, function, duration, location, stipend will be at the discretion of Capgemini panel.
- Students appearing for the direct interview must match Capgemini’s Talent Acquisition Hiring criterion, as conducted for other Interns.
- Internship/Project with Capgemini will end in a stipulated time, and doesn’t guarantee a permanent job with Capgemini.
- Offered students will have to accept/reject the Internship/Project/Job offer within 10 days of the offer issued, else it will stand revoked.
- The Top 2 finalists will not have to face any initial screening criterias, they will be eligible for a direct round of Level2 interview with the panel and can get a chance to win a job with Capgemini.
- Interview with the panel doesn’t guarantee a job with Capgemini.
- Each candidate appearing for the interview process must match the Capgemini’s Talent Acquisition Hiring criterion, which includes background verification, as conducted for other candidates.
- Offered candidates will have to accept/reject the Job offer letter within 10 days of the offer issued, else it will stand revoked.
Here’s what we will need from you when you win:
We are just making sure you really are you!
- Full name
- ID proof*
- Email address
- Postal address Mobile / Landline number
- Bank Account Details with IFSC code
- * Identity proof (a scanned copy of your PAN card or Aadhar card or Driving License or a valid Passport). If you’re a Capgemini India employee, you will also need to submit a scanned copy of your Identity card.
Important points to remember
- The organizers will capture IP addresses to ensure that the visits are authentic.
- All communication will be sent to the primary email address submitted at the time of registration.
- Winners are subject to a detailed background verification process. We will ensure that we verify each and every detail provided by you before announcing the results. Be prepared for that!
- We will / may also get in touch with you to share details about other activities and job openings.
- The organizers reserve the right to use contestants’ names and images for purposes of publication on print and online media.
- The organizers reserve the right to make any further exceptions on a case-by-case basis at their sole discretion.
- As per Section 194B of the Income Tax Act 30.90% tax will be deducted at source before releasing the winnings. A TDS certificate will be provided to the individual winners for the prize amount.
Judging and Scoring
Judging and scoring for the contests will be done as per the rules and regulations mentioned in the Contest Details section.
Results and Prizes
We know how important winning is to you, and so we will do all we can to make sure that the judging process is accurate and fair and the delivery of prizes is hassle-free.
To minimize errors, the entire process of evaluation is automated by the help of automated test cases and well thought of evaluation parameters.
These are the points you need to take note of when it comes to results:
- Results as communicated by the contest organizers will be final and binding and no correspondence regarding them will be entertained.
- We will send out prizes and cash prizes to the winners, on the postal address mentioned in the form and via cheque or bank transfers respectively within 3-6 months of declaration. The deadline to deliver these prizes can be extended further without any notification in case of logistics issues.
For those of you who are located in a place inaccessible by the fulfilment organization or the courier company; in case you are one of the winners, it will be solely your responsibility to arrange for the pickup of prizes are non-transferable.
Whilst all reasonable precautions will be taken to avoid confusions, in case of discretionary decisions, those taken by the organizers will be final and binding.
The organizers have a right to modify the format and prize at any time. Any changes will be notified beforehand on the contest website.
You acknowledge that you have submitted your entry voluntarily. Under no circumstances does participation in Tech Challenge 3.0 make you eligible for an offer or contract of employment, except in situations as mentioned in the Contest Details.
We will feel really terrible about it, but we will still disqualify you in case you are found guilty of any of the following:
- Communicating or publishing information concerning the content of the problems, or solutions to the problems, and sharing it with other contestants, either directly or indirectly, before the end of the challenge.
- Deliberately attempting to damage the website or undermining the legitimate operation of the contest. Please note that this will be taken as a violation of criminal and civil laws and the organizers reserve the right to seek damages from the contestant, to the fullest extent of the law.
- Violation of the copyrights/IP to the content; that currently belong to the contest organizers.
Famous Last Words
Thank you for reading through the terms and conditions so far. It will make Tech Challenge 3.0 a much easier ride for you. Just before you are off to prove your tech mettle, here are some last few things we would like you to be aware of:
- The organizers are not responsible for any errors arising due to omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operations or transmission; have a right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the challenge and at its sole discretion and disqualify anyone who does not adhere to these terms and conditions.
- Data collected can be subjected to digital processing to manage the challenge and create and disseminate appropriate communication.
- Any decision regarding interpretation or application of these rules in case of practical difficulties; will be the sole discretion of the organizers.
- Company reserves the right to postpone or cancel this game in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- Any and all disputes in connection to the said game are subject solely to Indian Law and Mumbai Courts shall have the sole jurisdiction.
Now when you have read all the T&C, here is a small test to check if you have actually read them or not! Just kidding.
Read more about Contest Terms and Conditions
That’s all folks! Hope you have a great time playing Tech Challenge 3.0 and winning the exciting prizes we have lined up!